For online payment by debit or credit card the payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order has been shipped.
Please note: Authorized and held amounts will not be available for other purchases. If an order is canceled, the authorization hold will expire in accordance with the terms of your bank or financial institution.
Pending Charges and Authorization Holds:
If you used a credit card for an order that was:
- attempted but not completed
- an order that was cancelled
- an order that is still processing
and a charge from sweetist.com appears on your method of payment, it is because your financial institution placed a temporary authorization on your account to ensure funds will be available if the order goes through.
This pending charge is an initial hold that temporarily lowers your available balance. Your account is not actually billed until the order ships, so if the order is cancelled and does not ship, the hold will automatically expire in accordance to the timeframe set by your financial institution and no action is required on your part.
Credit Card Authorization Holds:
- An authorization hold will be placed on your credit or debit card each time an order is placed to confirm the card is valid. The hold should be released within 3 to 5 business days
- For cancelled orders, authorizations may still take 3 to 5 days to be released. The length of the hold is determined by the bank or other financial institution that issued your card. You will not be charged for cancelled orders
- For additional questions, please contact your financial institution or card provider